Sunday, November 3, 2013

I think I think too much



I’m thinking about you while sitting on my roof and staring at the moon... wondering if you even exists.

I don’t think you do? Because if you did I’d be thinking about you a lot more than I already do.

I’d be thinking about you like chains think about rust.  Like pizza thinks about crust. Like bookshelves think about dust.

I’d be thinking about you like cereal thinks about spoons. Like roses think about thorns. Like marriage thinks about divorce.

I’d be thinking about you like the alphabet thinks about soup. Like peanuts think about butter. Like Leonardo DiCaprio thinks about… water.

I’d be thinking about you like Edward thinks about Bella. Like prince charming thinks about Cinderella. Like creative writing thinks about… Devastated Daisy.

I’d be thinking about you like finger nails think about polish. Like vanilla thinks about chocolate. Like my cell phone charger thinks about getting plugged into a socket.

I’d be thinking about you like dandruff thinks about shampoo. Like how the kid sitting next to me in class needs shampoo and probably some conditioner too.

I’d be thinking about you like coughing thinks about syrup. Like cowboys think about stirrups.  Like that one girl who thought her car was “stolen” but really she just forgot where she parked it…. (Idk what that has to do with thinking about you)

I’d be thinking about you like coffee thinks about Starbucks. Like hipsters think about Starbucks. Like yoga pants, I phones, and UGG boots think about Starbucks.

I’d be thinking about you like books think about titles. Like my laundry thinks about dirty clothes piles. Like homosexuals think about… stereotypes.

I’d be thinking about you like Plato thinks about Socrates and philosophies that I’m still trying to make sense of.

I think I would think about thinking about you.

Because when I actually think about you the sun misses the moon and the stars forget how to make constellations.

10 comments:

  1. "Because when I actually think about you the sun misses the moon and the stars forget how to make constellations. "
    This has got to be the best line ever. It is amazing!
    Grand Slam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I’d be thinking about you like dandruff thinks about shampoo. Like how the kid sitting next to me in class needs shampoo and probably some conditioner too."

    "Like that one girl who thought her car was “stolen” but really she just forgot where she parked it…" can we all have a moment of silence

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I’d be thinking about you like coughing thinks about syrup."

    "Like bookshelves think about dust."

    "I think I would think about thinking about you.

    Because when I actually think about you the sun misses the moon and the stars forget how to make constellations."

    I love your writing so much I think it could be a potentional issue. But no worries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like homosexuals think about… stereotypes.

    I don't mind having to think about stereotypes because Im in love with you....'re writing. Ya just you're writing... not you... that would mean i'm a homosexual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Because when I actually think about you the sun misses the moon and the stars forget how to make constellations.

    phenomenal

    ReplyDelete
  6. GOOOD GOSH FREAKING HECK DANG. This is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your writing style is really good, I love it! it's has a unique personality to it. :{)

    ReplyDelete
  8. the girl who thought her car was stolen.... haha...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That last line though. The whole thing though.

    You though.

    ReplyDelete