Sunday, November 17, 2013

stuck in a box






Do you ever feel like you’re just watching?

Watching the world go by. Watching the sunrise and the sunset. Watching the seasons change. Watching people live their lives while you just stare, emotionless, as though you don’t even exist.

It’s like I’m stuck behind glass SCREAMING and no one seems to hear me but they can see me just sitting there trapped in my little glass box, so I just sit there and watch.

I watch as my friends embark on new adventures. I watch as they begin to take risks in following their dreams. I watch as they enter the beginning stages of having more than a crush. I watch as they enter the idea of falling in love at seventeen. I watch as they grow closer and closer with someone else while they grow further and further away from me. 

I’m the ghost of the girl I used to be. I’m beating away at these walls in hopes that the rubble will prove to me that I exist. It feels like the last supporting beam in my house just collapsed and I’m stuck under all the debris unable to breathe or collect the broken pieces.

I feel like a piece of paper that can’t move past the fact that it can never go back to being a tree.

I’m watching T.V seeing them live their dreams and wondering what that must feel like?

I have dreams and ideas but reality seems to always be getting in the way, telling me there’s no way, so I’m just stuck in a daydream of how this is all supposed to be.

10 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. I love the part about the glass box

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanna cry. It's too good. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hung up on which would be better: being a piece of paper or being a tree.

    But that's neither here nor there. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last line. So good. All of it. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "You just use the future to escape the present." "I have dreams and ideas but reality seems to always be getting in the way, telling me there’s no way, so I’m just stuck in a daydream of how this is all supposed to be." I don't get hit reading words easily but this did, hard. Because I realized this is me.
    Also, your blog background matches the song Grace Kelly perfectly.
    She's pretty hot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh dang it just let me pick your brain. That was so beautiful and I urn to be able to write like you. If this doesn't make it into the damn hall of fame this whole class if messed up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. holy shiznits. (i would say shit but i'm trying not to swear anymore) but seriously this is so good. I wanna just cry right now. i relate to this so much. gosh this was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy crap. You are amazing. I don't know why I haven't read your posts religiously but I know I'm going to start.

    Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. those pictures are scary... but the words are real good.

    (it's okay though cuz sometimes scary pictures are good)

    ReplyDelete