Sunday, September 22, 2013

DINOSAURS and VCRs

Love is like a dinosaur because they are extinct. Love is like a VCR because now a day’s people prefer DVDs.

Take me back to the 50’s where we can share a shake.
Ask me to go steady where you pick me up at six o’clock and drop me off at eight.
I’ll walk seven blocks to the corner store where you work as a cashier. I'll pretend I'm running errands and buy daddy some more beer.
We’ll steal a glance across the table when daddy isn’t near, then you’ll pick me up and spin around just because you care.

I want hand written letters on US sized paper. I want photographs and napkins from our favorite dinner.
I want everyone to look at us and say 
“Damn that’s some kind of love,”
but like dinosaurs and VCRs love like that is gone.



I toss around three simple words because I've never known the meaning. I love you stands for clean up your room, or don’t tell daddy I’m leaving.
I’ll never know what “real” love is unless I post it on twitter. Then maybe ill post some digital photos and the caption will read...

“OMG JUST HAD DINNER WITH MY FAV BOYYYY #truelove #muscles #Ilovelove #hashtag #grapes”

I’ll only care how many likes I get on the photos I post of us, cuz if I don’t get a hundred and one this relationship is done.
I’ll text you “k” and CUSS your name so you know this is true love.
Since now a day’s there’s too many games it’s easier to just hook up.





Let’s pretend that love exists just to give us hope. Deep down I’ll know it will never work and I’ll probably end up alone.
I’ll bury myself in story books and fairy-tales galore
because at least in those there is dinosaurs and you can watch them on your VCR.



SINCERELY, grace who's heads stuck in space

5 comments:

  1. Dude, so sick. I am in love with this post. So deep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many AMEN HALLELUJAH's coming from Sky Trillion over here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice nice nice I really liked the first part of this above the first picture but the rest of it was great too :) you have creative talent

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Love is like a VCR because now a day’s people prefer DVDs. "

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's like you're the ideal human.

    That's all.

    ReplyDelete