Sunday, September 8, 2013

Innocently beautiful whose enemy was time



Dear innocent old me,

   I went to the park today like we use to do, but it’s just so different without you. I swung on our swing with the rusty old chains. Do you remember? It’s the blue one, where we carved in our name.
It gets lonely at night without you here. Mommy and daddy are nowhere near. I’m not scared of the monsters under my bed, I’m more afraid of the ones who crawled into my head.
  
 I saw you today so innocent and sweet. I was looking through old photos of us on the beach. We were building a sand castle with daddy and mom. Those were the days when they got along. 
I can’t help but wonder why you left that day. Remember, it was the day I entered seventh grade. I walked into class thinking you were coming along, but when I turned around you were already gone. 
   
How could you, you thief! You left me alone. You took my happiness and bliss in the blink of an eye. You took the crayons, the books, the innocent looks. You took my bedtime stories, goodnight kisses, and my dreams simply died.

  I’m now the innocent girl in her maiden teens, who knows perfectly well what everything means.

  I ran into someone who I think you may know. Her name is adolescence she puts on a show. She’s not as nice as you but she’s still quite fun. We’ve been to dances, parties, but we’ve never gotten drunk.
Mom and dad still fight a lot of the time. Sometimes I can't even sleep at night. Maybe with you I was too young and naive to realize that mom and dad were never meant to be.

  I miss the bliss of being young. You were beautiful and innocent but it just wasn't enough.

R.I.P to my childhood dreams

Love always,
Grace 

18 comments:

  1. I'm listening to Fun's "Be Calm" and everything makes sense for a moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great song :)
    And thanks! It means the world to me coming from two incredible writers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES.

    Top 5 for a reason hun, so good.

    More please...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m not scared of the monsters under my bed, I’m more afraid of the ones who crawled into my head.

    Holy cow...I was playing with the same idea on my own blog...But I couldnt have said it as well as that.
    So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m not scared of the monsters under my bed, I’m more afraid of the ones who crawled into my head.

    Holy cow...I was playing with the same idea on my own blog...But I couldnt have said it as well as that.
    So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really though
    "It gets lonely at night without you here. Mommy and daddy are nowhere near."
    Shoot dang that pushes tears on the back of my eyes. It's simple and you hit it and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really though
    "It gets lonely at night without you here. Mommy and daddy are nowhere near."
    Shoot dang that pushes tears on the back of my eyes. It's simple and you hit it and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my my my!!! This is soooo amazing! I love the imagery you bring with your beautiful writing! I love every single line or else I would quote the shi* out of this. Loveeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And you're now on my quality posts. Cause I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was absolutely incredible. That really touched me, I don't have any personal experience in a situation like this but the way you wrote it made me feel like I was going through it myself. You are an incredible writer and I am looking forward to reading your future posts. Welcome to my list of quality blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "I’m now the innocent girl in her maiden teens, who knows perfectly well what everything means." #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still think about this post, your words get stuck in my head. I love Grace Kelly.

    ReplyDelete