Sunday, October 13, 2013

ashes and wine





DEAR SOUL,

WHY ARE YOU SO FRAGILE?
THEY CAN SEE THROUGH YOUR DISGUISE

WHY ARE YOU UNEVEN?
WHY DO YOU ACCEPT THEIR LIES?

WHEN THE SHATTERING NOISES
BREAK THROUGH OUR MINDS

DO WE RUN, OR
SHOULD WE STAY AN FIGHT

I CURSE AND CURSE BUT NO ONE SEEMS TO
CARE, FOR GOD IS LISTENING AND HE WILL
HEAR MY PRAYERS…

BUT TOO OFTEN I HEAR OF DREAMS ENDING IN SUICIDE

LIKE ASHES AND WINE
LIKE ASHES AND WINE

EVERYONE CLAIMS THEIR DEATH,
BUT NOT EVERYONE CLAIMS THEIR TIME

8 comments:

  1. Yep! It's official. you are one of my favorites...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 things to say bout this...

    1) this was SO great to read.
    2) i'm now eating waffles because your background made me hungry.
    3) ashes and wine would be a kick ass band name.

    oh and did i mention i really liked this post? just making sure. cuz i did. a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "NOT EVERYONE CLAIMS THEIR TIME"

    #simple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "should we stay" #simple

    PS. I love your new background...it makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Should we stay and fight. #simple #powerful I love this

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first time I read this I thought they were song lyrics. I just thought you should know that.

    ReplyDelete