Monday, October 7, 2013

P.s I love you


To the boy I’m too afraid to talk to,
        
        I sit and class and try to listen as the teacher talks, but I can’t because I’m too distracted by you. It’s funny because I hardly know you… I guess that’s kind of creepy because you consume my daily thoughts. This letter isn’t just to you. It’s also to that boy who never said he was sorry. I forgave and forgot because I thought I “loved you” but the truth is I never did. I NEVER DID. This letter is to the boy who stole my heart in the seventh grade. I’ll probably never get over you. This letter is to my dad who never apologized for what he did. Who never hugged his twelve year old daughter and said “I love you.” This letter is for my long forgotten brother... SCREW YOU for leaving without saying goodbye. This letter is for the neighbor boy my sisters made me marry when I was only 2. This letter is for my future husband… “love ya babe.”

         Now back to the boy I’m too afraid to talk to. I can’t help but wonder what it’d be like to know you? I hate myself for being too scared. Why am I so FREAKING scared to talk to you? Maybe it has to do with that perfect smile and those chocolate brown eyes. Maybe it’s because I saw you sit next to that lonely girl at lunch and I think I about died. Maybe it’s because I have never really talked to you… but I’ve had a conversation with you about a hundred times in my head. 
         This letter is for the perfect boy I read about in story books. This letter is for that boy I never kissed but wish I did. This letter is for that completely RANDOM boy who stole my first kiss. This letter is for all the boys I continue to run away from because my parents taught me that love doesn’t exist. This letter is for the boy who has my heart but doesn’t know it, who takes it to dances, on dates, and even football games. This letter is for you and only you, but you’ll never know it because I’m too afraid to even talk to you.


Sincerely, Grace

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great!! I can't begin to tell you how similar this is to me right this very moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is pretty much my life story...but you said it in such a beautiful way. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that completely RANDOM boy who stole my first kiss
    ^lol

    "who takes it to dances, on dates, and even football games." broken

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to have a conversation with the class about first kisses.

    This is important.

    ReplyDelete